Making autonomous vehicles safe
can be both rewarding and fun!
A top notch R&D team you can learn and grow with. We at Foretellix provide an atmosphere of collaboration and sharing. You can be sure your ideas will make a difference!
We are one big happy family! Happy hours, social events, and all the perks that will make you feel at home.
We believe that maintaining the correct balance between work and your personal time with family and friends is key!
The company was created to do good for our world. We have a mission to help unleash the full potential of the autonomous vehicle revolution to save lives and help the sharing economy.
Senior Software Engineer- Customer Integration
About The Position
Foretellix is on a mission to accelerate the pace and scale of autonomous vehicle deployment. Our software solutions help engineering teams create safe and high-performing autonomous technology. Our flagship product Foretify is an end-to-end software platform for the verification and validation (V & V) of autonomous systems. It leverages proven V&V approaches implemented by our founders years ago in the semiconductors industry that utilize automation, big data analytics, and AI.
We are a rapidly growing venture-backed startup headquartered in Israel, with a growing global presence. Foretellix comprises experts with years of experience scaling organizations and bringing game-changing technology to the market.
The Integrations team is responsible for integrating the Foretellix toolchain into customers' development and release processes.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Runtime integration: developing the communication layer that allows the AV software to communicate to the Foretellix scenario execution engine via an RPC API. Debugging and troubleshooting customer- and use-case-specific requirements and edge cases. This is mostly C++ and python development dealing with communications middleware.
- Systems integration: adapting our software's workstation and datacenter/cloud deployment architecture to the customer's requirements and systems. Docker, Linux services and administration, public and private cloud, Kubernetes experience are a plus.
- Simulator integration: developing the integration layer with AV simulators which are used by customers for their scenario testing. This is also mostly C++ and python development, and may deal with different platforms, OSs and communication protocols.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the CTO, R&D, and Application Engineering to identify, define and analyze software challenges and design and implement software solutions.
- Work fully hands-on in coding, debugging, testing, and integrating, using object-oriented and aspect-oriented languages, primarily under Linux.
- Work directly with customers to find good software solutions to different issues and integrate with real systems at the vehicle and site levels.
- Design, build and integrate with modern DevOps and cloud infrastructures supporting all testing modes, including SiL, HiL, and vehicle testing.
- Build tools, interfaces, and processes to streamline and automate integration activities
- Take part in technical meetings with colleagues, partners, and customers; participate in demos for (potential) partners and customers
- Support other team members and engineers
- Learn new domains, tools, and languages
- A Senior Software Engineer with at least 5 years of experience in object-oriented software development and programming (OOD-OOP).
- Proficiency in developing significant native Linux software using C++
- Experience working with multiple programming languages, toolchains, and operating systems
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience with cloud technologies, architectures, and operations
- Experience working closely with customers
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting software components in distributed systems at the operating system, networking, application, and system levels
- B.Sc. in Computer-Science /-Engineering with high scores, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be communicative and fluent in English, Chinese, and Mandarin, both verbal and in writing.
- Eligible to work in China.
- Experienced in software architecture and algorithm development.
- Self-learner, highly motivated, self-paced.
- M.Sc. or above in Computer Science.
- Experience with scalable orchestration technologies, preferably Kubernetes
- Previous experience in the automotive industry, particularly AV/ADAS.
- Previous experience in any of the following fields:
-Middleware, messaging systems
-Containerization, orchestration, and high-performance computing